Health Mart Anti-Diarrheal Caplets – Loperamide HCl
Anti-Diarrheal Caplets Controls symptoms of diarrhea, including traveler’s diarrhea. Gluten free.
Anti Diarrheal Caplets Directions:
- Drink plenty of clear fluids to help prevent dehydration caused by diarrhea.
- Find right dose on chart.
- If possible, use weight to dose; otherwise, use age.
- Adults and children 12 years and over: 2 caplets after the first loose stool; 1 caplet after each subsequent loose stool; but no more than 4 caplets in 24 hours.
- Children 9-11 years (60-95 lbs): 1 caplet after the first loose stool; 1/2 caplets after each subsequent loose stool; but no more than 3 caplets in 24 hours.
- Children 6-8 years (48-59 lbs): 1 caplet after the first loose stool; 1/2 caplet after each subsequent loose stool; but no more than 2 caplets in 24 hours.
- Children 2-5 years (34 to 47 lbs): ask a doctor.
- Children under 2 years (up to 33 lbs): do not use.
- Store at 20-25 degrees C (68-77 degrees F).
Anti-Diarrheal Caplets Active Ingredients:
Each Caplet Contains: Loperamide HCl 2 mg.
Anhydrous Lactose; Carnauba Wax; D&C Yellow No. 10 Aluminum Lake; FD&C Blue No. 1 Aluminum Lake; Hypromellose; Magnesium Stearate; Microcrystalline Cellulose; Polyethylene Glycol; Pregelatinized Starch.
Allergy alert: Do not use if you have ever had a rash or other allergic reaction to loperamide HCl.
Heart alert: Taking more than directed can cause serious heart problems or death. Do not use if you have a bloody or black stool.
Ask a doctor before use if you have: fever; mucus in the stool; a history of liver disease. Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are taking antibiotics. When using this product tiredness, drowsiness or dizziness may occur. Be careful when driving or operating machinery.
Stop use and ask a doctor if: Symptoms get worse; diarrhea lasts for more than 2 days; you get abdominal swelling or bulging. These may be signs of a serious condition. If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use. Keep out of reach of children.
Overdose Warning: In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away (1-800-222-1222). DO NOT USE IF BLISTER UNIT IS BROKEN OR TORN.
RN: 000249S00495H02, MCK: 2227148, 2227171, 2227155, UPC: 6201101503, 22453W6