Health Mart Complete & Ready-To-Use Enema Saline Laxative – Dibasic Sodium Phosphate, Monobasic Sodium Phosphate
Ready-To-Use Enema Saline Laxative relieves occasional constipation; this product generally produces bowel movement in 1 to 5 minutes. It has a protective shield prevents contamination. It is comfortable, lubricated tip to ease of insertion. The one-way safety valve controls flow and prevents reflux. Easy, soft squeeze bottle.
- Single daily dosage (per 24 hours). Do not use if taking another Sodium Phosphate product. Do not use more unless directed by a doctor.
- See warnings. Adults and children 12 years of age and older: 1 bottle once daily. Children 2 to under 12 years of age: use Pediatric Enema.
- Positions for using this enema: Left-side Position: Lie on left side with knees bent and arms resting comfortably. Knee-chest position: Kneel, then lower head and chest forward until left side of face is resting on surface with left arm fold comfortable.
- How to use Ready-To-Use Enema Saline Laxative: Remove protective shield from enema tip before inserting. Hold bottle upright, grasping bottle cap with fingers. Grasp protective shield with the other hand and pull gently to remove.
- Administering Enema: With steady pressure, gently insert enema yip into rectum with a slight side-to-side movement, with tip pointing toward navel. Insertion may be easier if person receiving enema bears down, as if having a bowel movement.
- Doing so helps relax muscles around anus; Do not force enema tip into rectum. Stop using if tip is hard to insert. Forcing the tip into the rectum can cause injury (especially if you have hemorrhoids).
- If enema tip causes rectal bleeding or pain, get immediate medical care; Squeeze bottle until nearly Bottle is empty. It is not necessary to empty bottle completely, as it contains more liquid than needed; Remove tip from rectum and stay in position until urge to evacuate is strong (usually 1 to 5 minutes).
- If no urge is felt after 5 minutes of using, try to empty bowel. Call a doctor promptly if no liquid comes out of the rectum after 30 minutes because dehydration could occur.
- Additional liquids by mouth are recommended while using Ready-To-Use Enema Saline Laxative. Ready-to-use: Protective shield prevents
- Contamination; comfortable, lubricated tip for ease of insertion; one-way safety valve controls flow & prevents reflux; easy, soft squeeze bottle.
- Children under 2 years of age: DO NOT USE.
- Store Ready-To-Use Enema Saline Laxative at 15 to 30 degrees C (59 to 86 degrees F).
Each Contains 119 mL Delivered Dose: Dibasic Sodium Phosphate 7g; Monobasic Sodium Phosphate 19g.
Benzalkonium Chloride; Disodium EDTA; Purified Water; Each 118 mL Contains 4.3g Sodium.
Ready-To-Use Enema Saline Laxative is for rectal use only.
Dosage warning: Using more than one enema in 24 hours can be harmful. Do not use on children under 2 years of age. Ask a doctor before use if you have already used a laxative for more than 3 days; have kidney disease, have heart problems, dehydrate; are 55 years of age or older; have abdominal pain, nausea, or vomiting; have a sudden change in bowel habits lasting more than 2 weeks; are on a sodium-restricted diet.
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if: You are taking any other drug, Take this product two or more hours before or after other drugs. Laxatives may affect how other drugs work. When using this product do not use more than directed. Serious side effects may occur from excess dosage; do not use for more than 3 days, without asking a doctor.
Stop use and ask a doctor if: You have rectal bleeding; you have no bowel movements within 30 minutes of enema use; you have symptoms of dehydration (thirstiness, dizziness, vomiting, urinating less often than normal). These symptoms may indicate a serious condition, If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use. Keep Ready-To-Use Enema Saline Laxative out of reach of children.
If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away: 800-222-1222. TAMPER EVIDENT: DO NOT USE IF TOP OR BOTTOM FLAP OF CARTON IS TORN OR MISSING. TAMPER EVIDENT: CARTON SEALED FOR SAFETY. IF PRINTED SEAL ON BOTTOM OR TOP FLAP IS BROKEN OR MISSING, DO NOT USE. Bottle, cap. and shield are NOT MADE WITH NATURAL RUBBER LATEX.
RN: 000100S00495H02, MCK: 3497047, UPC: 05256913971, PL31350