Health Mart Cough DM Orange Flavored Liquid – Dextromethorphan Polistirex
Cough DM Liquid temporarily relieves cough due to minor throat and bronchial irritation as may occur with the common cold or inhaled irritants; the impulse to cough to help you get to sleep. Contains sodium metabisulfite, a sulfite that may cause allergic-type reactions. Alcohol-free, gluten-free. 12-hour cough relief.
Cough DM Liquid Features:
- Day or night.
- Alcohol-free, gluten-free.
- 12-hour cough relief.
- Shake bottle well before use
- Measure only with dosing cup provided.
- Do not use the dosing cup with other products.
- Dose as follows or as directed by a doctor.
- mL=milliliter. Adults and children 12 years of age and older: 10 mL every 12 hours, not to exceed 20 mL in 24 hours.
- Children 6 to under 12 years of age: 5 mL every 12 hours, not to exceed 10 mL in 24 hours.
- Children 4 to under 6 years of age: 2.5 mL every 12 hours, not to exceed 5 mL in 24 hours.
- Children under 4 years of age: do not use.
- Store Cough Suppressant DM at 20 to 25 degrees C (68 to 77 degrees F).
Each 5 mL Contains: Dextromethorphan Polistirex (Equivalent to 30 mg Dextromethorphan Hydrobromide)
D&C Red #30 Aluminum Lake; D&C Yellow #10 Aluminum Lake; Flavor; Glycerin; High Fructose Corn Syrup; Methylparaben; Polysorbate 80; Polyvinyl Acetate; Povidone; Propylparaben; Purified Water; Sodium Metabisulfite; Sodium Polystyrene Sulfonate; Sucrose; Tartaric Acid; Tragacanth Gum; Triacetin; Xanthan Gum Each 5 mL contains: Sodium 5 mg.
Do not use if: You are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric or emotional conditions, or Parkinson’s disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking Cough Suppressant DM.
Allergy Alert: Contains sodium metabisulfite, a sulfite that may cause allergic-type reactions. Ask a doctor before use if you have: a chronic cough that lasts as occurs with smoking, asthma, or emphysema; cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus).
Stop use and ask a doctor if: Side effects occur. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088; cough that lasts more than 7 days, cough comes back or occurs with fever, rash, or headache that lasts. These could be signs of a serious condition. If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use. Keep out of reach of children.
Overdose Warning: In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away (1-800-222-1222). TAMPER EVIDENT: Do not use Cough Suppressant DM if the carton is opened or neckband imprinted with “sealed for your protection” is broken or missing.
RN: 000587S00495H02, MCK: 1659093, UPC: 05256913656