Health Mart Lice Killing Shampoo – Piperonyl Butoxide, Pyrethrum Extract
Treats head, pubic (crab), and body lice. Maximum strength. Works fast to kill lice and eggs. One nit comb included.
Lice Killing Shampoo Features:
- Maximum strength
- Important: Read warnings before use.
- Adults and children 2 years and over: Inspect: Check each household member with a magnifying glass in bright light for lice/nits (eggs).
- Look for tiny nits near the scalp, beginning at the back of the neck and behind the ears.
- Examine small sections of hair at a time. Unlike dandruff which movies when touched, nits stick to the hair. If either lice or nits are found, treat with this product.
- Treat: Shake well before using. Apply thoroughly to dry hair or other affected area. For head lice, first, apply behind ears and to the back of the neck. Allow Lice Killing Shampoo to remain for 10 minutes, but no longer.
- Use warm water to form a lather, shampoo, then thoroughly rinse. For head lice, towel dry hair and comb out tangles. Remove lice and their eggs (nits): Use a fine-tooth or special lice/nit comb.
- Remove any remaining nits by hand (using a throw-away glove). Hair should remain slightly damp while removing nits. If hair dries during combing, dampen slightly with water. For head lice, part hair into sections. Do one section at a time starting on top of the head.
- Longer hair may take 1 to 2 hours. Lift a 1- to 2-inch wide strand of hair. Place comb as close to the scalp as possible and comb with a firm, even motion away from the scalp. Pin back each strand of hair after combing. Clean comb often. Wipe nits away with tissue and discard in a plastic bag.
- Seal bag and discard to prevent lice from coming back. After combing, thoroughly recheck for lice/nits. Repeat combing if necessary. Check daily for any lice/nits that you missed. A second treatment must be done in 7 to 10 days to kill any newly hatched lice.
- If infestation continues, see a doctor for other treatments. See Consumer Information Insert for additional information. The amount of shampoo needed will vary by hair length.
- See below for guidelines. Short (ear length or shorter): first application: 1 oz-2 oz, second application: 1 oz-2 oz, total: 2 oz-4 oz. Medium (shoulder length): first application: 2 oz-3 oz, second application: 2 oz-3 oz, total: 4 oz-6 oz. Long (past shoulder length): first application: 3 oz-4 oz, second application: 3 oz-4 oz, total: 6 oz-8 oz.
- Reminder: Before applying this product, do not wet hair (see insert for details).
- Children under 2 years: ask a doctor.
- Store at 20-25 degrees C (68-77 degrees F).
- Avoid excessive heat.
- Keep carton for important product information.
Piperonyl Butoxide 4%; Pyrethrum Extract (Equivalent to 0.33% Pyrethrins).
Benzyl Alcohol; C13-14 Isoparaffin; Fragrance; Polyoxyethylene (1,1,3,3-Tetramethyl Butyl) Phenyl Ether; Purified Water; Xanthan Gum.
For external use only.
Do not use: Near eyes; inside nose, mouth, or vagina; on lice in eyebrows or eyelashes. See a doctor if lice are present in these areas. Ask a doctor before use if you are allergic to ragweed. May cause breathing difficulty or an asthmatic attack.
When using this product: Keep eyes tightly closed and protect eyes with a washcloth or towel; if Lice Killing Shampoo gets in eyes, flush with water right away; scalp itching or redness may occur.
Stop use and ask a doctor if: Breathing difficulty occurs; eye irritation occurs; skin or scalp irritation continues or infection occurs. Keep out of reach of children. If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away (1-800-222-1222).
RN: 000375S00495H02, MCK: 2227445, UPC: 05256913505