Health Mart Ready-To-Use Enema Saline Laxative
Ready-To-Use Enema Saline Laxative relieves occasional constipation. This product generally produces a bowel movement in 1 to 5 minutes. Lubricated tip. Not made with natural rubber latex. A protective shield prevents contamination; comfortable, lubricated tip ease for insertion; one-way safety valve controls flow & prevents reflux; easy, soft squeeze bottle. A protective shield prevents contamination, comfortable, lubricated top for ease of insertion, one-way safety valve controls flow & prevents reflux, easy, soft squeeze bottle.
- Single daily dosage (per 24 hours).
- Do not use if taking another Sodium Phosphate product.
- Do not use more unless directed by a doctor.
- See warnings.
- Adults and children 12 years of age and older: 1 bottle once daily.
- Children 2 to under 12 years of age: Use pediatric Enema.
- Left-side position: Lie on left side with knees bent and arms resting comfortably.
- Knee-chest position: Kneel, then lower head and chest forward until left side of face is resting on surface with left arm is comfortable.
- How to use this enema: Remove protective shield from enema tip before inserting.
- Hold bottle upright, grasping bottle cap with fingers. Grasp protective shield with other hand and pull gently to remove.
- Administering Enema: With steady pressure, gently insert enema tip into rectum with a slight side-to-side movement, with tip pointing toward navel.
- Insertion may be easier if person receiving enema bears down, as if having a bowel movement.
- Doing so helps relax muscles around the anus; Do not force enema tip into rectum.
- Stop using if tip is hard to insert.
- Forcing the tip into the rectum can cause injury (especially if you have hemorrhoids).
- If enema tip causes rectal bleeding or pain, get immediate medical care; Squeeze bottle until nearly all liquids is gone.
- It is not necessary to empty the bottle completely, as it contains more liquid than needed; Remove tip from rectum and stay in position until urge to evacuate is strong (usually 1 to 5 minutes).
- If no urge is coming after 5 minutes of using, try to empty bowel.
- Call a doctor promptly if no liquid comes out of the rectum after 30 minutes because dehydration could occur.
- Additional liquids by mouth are recommended while using this product.
- Children under 2 years of age: DO NOT USE.
- Store Ready-To-Use Enema Saline Laxative at 15 to 30 degrees C (59 to 86 degrees F).
Dibasic Sodium Phosphate 7 g; Monobasic Sodium Phosphate 19 g.
Benzalkonium Chloride; Disodium EDTA; Purified Water; Each 118 ml contains 4.3 g Sodium.
- For rectal use only.
- Dosage warning: Using more than one enema in 24 hours can be harmful. Do not use on children under 2 years of age.
- Ask a doctor before use if you: Have already used a laxative for more than 3 days; have kidney disease, have heart problems, or are dehydrated; are 55 years of age or older; are on a sodium-restricted diet; have abdominal pain, nausea, or vomiting; have sudden change in bowel habits lasting more than 2 weeks.
- Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if: You are taking any other drug. Take this product two or more hours before or after other drugs. Laxatives may cause affect how other drugs work.
- When using this product do: Not use more than directed. Serious side effects may occur from excess dosage; do not use for more than 3 days, without asking a doctor.
- Stop use and ask doctor if you have rectal bleeding; you have no bowel movement within 30 minutes of enema use; you have symptoms of dehydration (thirstiness, dizziness, vomiting, urination less often than normal).
- These symptoms may indicate a serious condition: If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
- Keep out of reach of children: If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away: 800-222-1222. Each 118 ml contains 4.3 g Sodium.
- TAMPER EVIDENT: DO NOT USE IF TOP OR BOTTOM FLAP OF CARTON IS TORN OR MISSING. Bottlecap, and shield are NOT MADE WITH NATURAL LATEX.
- TAMPER EVIDENT: CARTON SEALED FOR SAFETY. IF PRINTED SEAL ON BOTTOM OR TOP FLAP IS BROKEN OR MISSING, DO NOT USE.
RN: 000176S00495H02, MCK: 3497054, UPC: 05256913972, PL31351